1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car insurance

Discussion in 'Life in the UK' started by missQT, Sep 11, 2017.

  1. missQT

    missQT Member

    We can drive in UK for 12 months from the spouse visa date in the card. We called DVLA to confirm this.
    Regarding the insurance, we thought that drivers with international license have higher premiums, they considered my years of overseas driving experience when I got insured using international license.
    Now that I passed they suddenly don't want to consider this overseas experience, weird. o_O
  2. bigmac

    bigmac Well-Known Member Trusted Member

    you have to shop around for car insurance--its a nightmare. you can go online and get different prices from the same company---or phone up--get a quote--phone again a few days later and its different. just keep going till you find a deal that you think is reasonable.
  3. KeithAngel

    KeithAngel 2063 Lifetime Member

    Our case is a bit different my missus learnt to drive here in the UK and I put her on My insurance as a learner and from that time she was earning no claims in her own right with the NUF.

    When she passed her test the premium went up slightly but with her age increasing in May next year she will have two years and insure in her own name , which has worked out about 35% cheaper than if she had insured in her own right from the start

Share This Page