1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi, If you are looking at signing up to the BF forum please be aware that we are sadly refusing signups from anyone using a UK mobile network. You can use a UK mobile network after your initial signup. This is due to an increase in forum spam. Thanks Admin
    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Rant and Rave' started by KeithAngel, Jan 10, 2019.

  1. KeithAngel

    KeithAngel 2063 Lifetime Member

    Sent the wifes Driving licence back for name change and they sent it back due they said to the NSO marriage certificate being a wait for it ......copy

    Rang them and explained how it works in the Fils guy says right send it back and I will sort it

    Just got it back again and they are asking now for wait for it...........a deed poll where she changed her middle name

    Already explained this in the first covering letter and now the phone number they supplied hangs up automatically

    Couldnt make it up
  2. bigmac

    bigmac Well-Known Member Trusted Member

    we're gonna leave her name as it is. simpler--cheaper.
  3. Markham

    Markham . Lifetime Member

    It will be simpler and cheaper for you to comply with their perfectly legal and correct requirements.

    The Philippines is not a signatory to the Hague Convention concerning the recognition of government-issued documents by another government so you should have had a few Marriage Certificates "red ribboned" for occasions such as you encountered.
  4. KeithAngel

    KeithAngel 2063 Lifetime Member

    Except they confirmed in the latest letter they accept the NSO Marriage Certificate so your "facts " seem eromeous as usual:)

    Stay well I would so miss being your nemesis:rolleyes:
  5. KeithAngel

    KeithAngel 2063 Lifetime Member

    Except its already changed on her Perm Residence and Passport lol
  6. Markham

    Markham . Lifetime Member

    Nemesis? Don't flatter yourself. You're just a keyboard commando who can't spell!
  7. johncar54

    johncar54 Member

    Not sure if I have followed this problem completely,

    In UK there is no law which says anyone can change their name, forenames or surname. But equally there is no law which says one cannot.

    It has long been the custom in UK that women change their surname to that of their husband upon marriage.

    One can change their name in UK by common law, that is just by saying that as of now I have changed my name. Or one can make a statutory declaration before a magistrates, solicitor. etc.

    Having changed one name they can record the fact THAT THEY HAVE DONE IT on a Deed Poll. That does not make not make it anymore legal but some authorities, chartered accounts etc. insist that their members do that.

    I changed my first names and surname about 40 years ago, I did it by saying that I had done so. I applied for a new Passport and all I needed was a confirmation by the type of person who can sign a passport application (police officer, lawyer etc.) that I had done so. I was then issued with a new passport in my name

    I changed all other paperwork, including my police warrant card, DL, credit card, medical records etc. without any problem just by telling the competent authority that I had done so.

    The only thing one can’t change is the name on one’s birth certificate

    If in doubt t about what I said please check it out here:-


    PS If I have not covered the point in question I hope I may have enlightened some whi may find the info useful

    Regards John.
  8. Aromulus

    Aromulus The Don Staff Member

    Thank you for that. :like:
  9. KeithAngel

    KeithAngel 2063 Lifetime Member

    £9.99 online just ordered it

Share This Page