1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lawyer recommendations please

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by A-team, Apr 2, 2016.

  1. A-team

    A-team New Member

    My girl is from Quezon city and part of our plan is to buy a property there. So we need to find a good lawyer preferably in Quezon city. Any recommendations for a lawyer would be gratefully appreciated. Also tips on buying property in Manila would be very helpful. Is there a section on this forum for property purchase in the Philippines. Can anyone suggest other resources to look at. Very big thank you in advance
  2. Timmers

    Timmers Well-Known Member Trusted Member

    As I'm sure you are aware, a foreigner cannot own property in the Philippines so it will have to be in the loved ones name, I think @Markham may be able to give you some advice, wait and see.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Markham

    Markham . Lifetime Member

    A foreigner can not own Real Property - ie land. A foreigner can own a condominium unit (a flat) provided that at least 60% of the remaining units in the building are owned by Filipinos.

    There are a number of do's and don'ts including don't buy off-plan and do buy a lot at least 50% bigger than the footprint of the house you intend to build. Unless of course you wish to hear every word spoken by your neighbours!
    • Like Like x 1

Share This Page