1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psychological incapacity.

Discussion in 'Relationship Advice' started by henry, Sep 11, 2017.

  1. henry

    henry Member

    Hi group can anyone advice me on how my girl can get her annulment under the grounds of psychological incapacity.

    For years she was mental abused by her ex husband he was beating her if she did not do what he asked he is a drunk she has been sepperated from him for 11 years and have announced their sepperation the someone in phil they have not ad any contact for 11 years now she has two children with him and is supportting them money wise.
    She left the Philippines for her own safety now her ex husband is getting drunk and abusing the oldest girl by saying that he is going to kill her how can we stop his abuse can my girl get an court order on him to protect her and her children.
    Plus we been reading things about that she can get annulment on the grounds of psychological incapacity.
  2. Maley

    Maley Well-Known Member

    That is the hardest ground to proove in an annulment. Both has to undergo psychological evaluation by a reputable doctor specializing with annulment. I've heard it costs about php100k.

    I would think that the local social services (and the baranggay) have been called to mediate this situation. If this escalate, police are normally involved. If there have been record of this (of his wrong doings in the past) thru a police report, it would be easier to get an annulment on the basis of being drunk and abusive and useless husband and father.

    The situation would be different if he (or his family) finds out that you are involved in with his ex. Be careful and make sure your name are not included in any conversation as it might be used against you or your fiance. He might say that he is only 'protecting' his family (or acting our of jealousy) and believe me, local official might take his side as you are a foreigner (as bad as it looks).
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. henry

    henry Member

    hi yes they have gone through the baranggay and that is where they both agreed not to have anymore contact through his behaviuor towards her then she left the country she is now thinking about reporting it to the police she do have wittnesses to prove how he was towards her he has been told about me but not sure what he thinks as he knows that he wont ever have his ex wife back due to how he was and with no contact for 11yrs
  4. bigmac

    bigmac Well-Known Member Trusted Member

    see my reply on the other thread.

    psychological incapacity ---apparently this is commonly used as grounds for annulment ( my wife used it ) BUT--heres the catch 22-----her husband will have to co-operate with assessments and court appearances . BUT he must not show colusion ! so she needs to get him on her side--for instance if he wants to be free and single again. he will also have to have no further involvement in his kids lives--especially financial support.

    its a long hard expensive process. i'm 5 years ahead of you--and £0000's lighter.

    is her ex a drug dealer ? has she got any friends in the police ?
  5. henry

    henry Member

    my gf dont want to talk to him due to what he has done plus he dont support the kids she do it all when she was working i am not sure if he deals in drugs
  6. CampelloChris

    CampelloChris Well-Known Member

    Henry. Best not to go anywhere near the Philippines. If you do, DON'T go anywhere near to where the husband is. If you do, I suspect that you will be at great risk of being arrested if you are sharing accommodation with your girlfriend. This is not a joke, nor is it me being melodramatic. The Philippines is not a place to go if you plan to leave yourself exposed to prosecution at the hands of a scorned husband, particularly one who has a record for drunkenness and violence.

    Before you consider travelling to the Philippines, watch this.

    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  7. henry

    henry Member

    i wont be going near where he lives he is 5 hrs away from where she has her other house where we will be staying
  8. DJB

    DJB Active Member

    Where does she live, which part off the Phils ?
  9. henry

    henry Member

  10. DJB

    DJB Active Member

    Ok theres a couple of people on here who have used Manila based annulment lawyers. They should be able to advise.
  11. DavidAlma

    DavidAlma Active Member

    It's not so much a case of him wanting his wife back, but more a case of if he knows about you, then his "cooperation" in the annulment process, will probably cost you big time. Would have been better if he hadn't been told about you, but I guess it's a bit late for that now. Wish you all the best, keep us posted how it works out.

Share This Page