1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a baby

Discussion in 'Relationship Advice' started by Gingert76, Aug 27, 2019.

  1. oss

    oss Not Here Staff Member

    Parental responsibility can be assumed in the Philippines if you file an affadavit of Parental Responsibility for a child born out of wedlock, I did this 12 years ago for my son.

    A child acquires Filipino nationality through being born to a Filipino mother anywhere and not by virtue of country of birth and yes they can get a British passport.

    And yes a child born outside the UK to a British Parent is British by Descent and cannot pass on British citizenship to their children unless those children are born in the UK.
  2. Markham

    Markham . Lifetime Member

    Do you really trust the Philippine legal system under which you, as a foreigner, have absolutely no rights whatsoever? That affidavit can so easily be overturned and nullified should it be challenged by Filipinos and especially those claiming to be related to the child.
  3. Gingert76

    Gingert76 New Member

    Morning all and thanks for the replies, so few more things:

    fully understand she needs to return to the phillipines, it is no longer hostile there as i pay a apartment for her far away from her parents that they do not know where she is or any contact details (thats the way she wants it) we know it takes time for the spouse visa. As for India her visa is my decision on if i move there or not to be totally honest, that is why i need to find out if she gets UK spouse visa can we then move there or do i move there before she comes to the UK and can she get a visa to move to India with me once i am there and not to the UK

    @PorkAdobo, you did not offend me, it was the way some people were twisiting words and/or focusing on things that are of no significance to us, the information i put was simply for a bit of background not for people to look into and analyze, so my bad for that one and know for the future.

    @florgeW thank you for the advice and i get the culture but they have done things that

    again thank you all who have taken the time to post useful responses
  4. Mattecube

    Mattecube I have no need Trusted Member

    in my earlier post I mentioned bringing your good lady over on a fiancee visa once here you marry within 6 months and apply for a spouse visa while she is here ( using this path she spent have to return to the Philippines)
    there are other visa options but they generally mean returning to thePhilippines while awaiting a decision.
    Also if a child was born in the UK they become a Brit at birth!
    The India thing needs fully researching ie what visas she would need and time out of the UK
  5. AndyRam

    AndyRam Active Member

    We married in Hong Kong. There's a decent legal firm we used to get everything sorted. Give us a shout if you want to know more - now, or at any time.

    I wouldn't say not to go to Hong Kong now. Use of intelligence out there and avoiding big crowds will mean you are ok. Common sense which I'm sure you have.

    Although some of the posts have been blunt, and I don't necessarily agree with their composition, they are usually from a good place, and although they might not apply to you, they are from people who have seen all sorts of things happen in international relationships, and mostly have lived in Phils for an extensive amount of time. Any information you get is worth any perceived criticism - we don't know you, don't take it personally.

    If people analyse it's to give better advice. Not (or shouldn't be) to belittle you. People have pointed out red flags to you that they perceive, and although you might find that irritating, at least it has been said.
    • Winner Winner x 1

Share This Page