1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi, If you are looking at signing up to the BF forum please be aware that we are sadly refusing signups from anyone using a UK mobile network. You can use a UK mobile network after your initial signup. This is due to an increase in forum spam. Thanks Admin
    Dismiss Notice

Settlement visa 2018/2019

Discussion in 'UK Visa and Immigration Help' started by fethiye2003, Dec 5, 2018.

  1. fethiye2003

    fethiye2003 Member

    hello , do you have a 'latest updated' step by step guide to obtain a settlement visa for my filipina wife.
    We married in Manilla two years ago, we have 1 child who now has both passports uk/ph..kind regards
  2. bigmac

    bigmac Well-Known Member Trusted Member

  3. fethiye2003

    fethiye2003 Member

    answered the questions, gives the options of 'partner' not wife then says
    You may be eligible for settlement (indefinite leave to remain) if your partner is:

    • a British citizen
    • settled in the UK
    Your current UK visa must be based on being their partner - this includes being:

    • their husband or wife
    • their civil partner
    • in a relationship that’s like a marriage or civil partnership
    You must prove you’ve been living together since your last visa renewal. You must also intend to continue your relationship after you apply.
    I am a British citizen settled in the uk

    She doesnt nor has never had a UK visa ???

    I,m Confused.
    As i said she is my wife and i am a british citizen....i know she is entitled.
    I just need a guide to apply
  4. Markham

    Markham . Lifetime Member

    You're getting ahead of yourself. Your wife needs to apply for a Settlement Visa first. If successful, she may then move to the UK and will have to apply for 'Further Leave to Remain' (FLR-M) for two periods and after that she can apply for Indefinite 'Leave to Remain'.
  5. fethiye2003

    fethiye2003 Member

    hats the info i initially asked for but was sent a link directing me to somewhere else.
    I am aware i need to apply for a settlement visa.
    All i want is a step by step guide from someone who has been through the process.
    thanks for your reply
  6. HaloHalo

    HaloHalo Administrator Staff Member

    Start here

  7. bigmac

    bigmac Well-Known Member Trusted Member

  8. Mattecube

    Mattecube Glad i did it Trusted Member

    • Like Like x 1
  9. fethiye2003

    fethiye2003 Member

    thanks for your replies but Please read my post,
    i was asking for a step by step guide from someone who has been through the process.
    I am aware the government have an application form.
    I was hoping to get tips and time saving advice
  10. HaloHalo

    HaloHalo Administrator Staff Member

    It's already been said, you will have to refer to what has been posted, read and understand it. If you follow the governments information and ask here for anything that doesn't make sense. We will try to clarify anything we can but you need to absorb the information as that will be your key to getting your partner and child here.
  11. Mattecube

    Mattecube Glad i did it Trusted Member

    I would suggest for your own benefit you look through the above and formulate a checklist and things to do for yourself, once you have done that put it on here and members will pass opinions and guidance points to help you.
    I would start with what wife will have to do
    What needs to be done for your child
    What you the sponsor needs to do
    A timetable and sequence of events
    Start with the application form understand what they are asking
    Your wife will need to pass a basic English test, at an approved centre in the Philippines
    She will need to pass a TB test again at an approved centre
    You need to be earning £18600 or more per annum or have a good saving pot

    Self help is good help but also ask away
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 6:07 AM
  12. bigmac

    bigmac Well-Known Member Trusted Member

    are you back in the UK now ?
  13. Br28016

    Br28016 Member

    No real step by step guide but as I'm in the process of trying to get a settlement visa for wife and step children you might find the link below useful. It is a list of documents that we compiled. There are other examples within the forum that you can search for and find.


    You have some significant advantages in that you have been married for some time and have a child together and the chikd has a British passport already so only need the visa for your wife.

    That said you still have to meet the requirements and produce an evidence pack to demonstrate.

    Key requirements are

    Income of more than 18,600 per annum and evidence of that
    Savings of more than 68,500.

    They have requirements for how you demonstrate and must meet the requirements as detailed in terms of what they want and formats they want it in.

    TB screening certificate for your wife from the specified clinic in manila

    English language certificate from specified english language test centres

    Relationship evidence.

    Whilst your child wont require a visa as has a British passport you should aim to have his documentation in the supporting documents as will add weight to the case for your wife.

    When you finally have a visa your wife will need the cfo certificate and sticker and would suggest asking about that for your child as well. Don't want to get to airport and be refused boarding as dont have it.

    Entire process is hard, time consuming, stressing, burecratic and expensive and no short cuts unless you want to waste money on failed visa applications.

    Advice to research is good as you have to understand what they are looking for. You will have to decide what goes in supporting documents but will get some useful ideas here.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Br28016

    Br28016 Member

    Sort of step by step guide would be:

    1 prepare supporting documents - this is most important and takes the time
    2 online application including make appointment for 3
    3 biometric appointment at vfs global
    4 send documents to sheffield
    5 attend Cfo seminar and get cfo certificate
    6 wait and hope for visa
    7 book flights
    8 get cfo sticker in passports after start date for visa and before flight dates
    9 get flight

    Best of luck
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. graham59

    graham59 Well-Known Member

    Very helpful, Br28016. :like:

    I really don't know why some people come on here almost 'demanding' FREE advice.

    Suggestion to newbies: Please accept and respond to advice given on this forum in the spirit in which it is offered.

    There are always the expensive immigration agencies, for those who are in need of immediate satisfaction.
  16. fethiye2003

    fethiye2003 Member

    No one is ' demanding' anything'
    If kind people are willing to give advice based on their experience it is welcome and i am thankful
  17. fethiye2003

    fethiye2003 Member

  18. fethiye2003

    fethiye2003 Member

    Thank you for your time !
  19. graham59

    graham59 Well-Known Member

  20. bigmac

    bigmac Well-Known Member Trusted Member

    i think the best way forward is for you to create an a/c at vaf4 and start to fill out the online application form. take it page by page and if any of the --often confusing -questions need anothers opinion--just ask on here. often there are no right or wrong answers.

    you can add, change, delete your answers on the form any time--and your wife can also access it with your password to see the questions and answers yourself. just get the feel of it. you can either keep it--or delete the whole thing and start afresh. good luck

    • Like Like x 1

Share This Page